Having an attorney on your side when you’re in a dispute with another person or business can be invaluable. At J.P. Ward & Associates, we fight for your rights if you’ve been injured or are being pursued by predatory debt collectors.
Since 2015, J.P. Ward & Associates has helped more than 3,000 clients in personal injury and debt defense. With knowledgeable and dedicated representation, our lawyers in Pittsburgh have the experience to take on any legal foe – from stubborn insurance companies to billion-dollar enterprises.
We encourage you to contact us to discuss your legal issues. Call J.P. Ward & Associates at (412) 426-4878, and let us win your next fight.
No fees unless we win
Free initial consultation
Did you know that if someone’s actions or inactions cause you to be seriously injured, you can file a personal injury claim and seek compensation?
This is true whether you were in an accident, a doctor acted negligently, or you were injured by a defective product. The attorneys at J.P. Ward & Associates help injury victims in these areas and more.
What Does a Pittsburgh Personal Injury Attorney Do?
In the aftermath of an accident or injury, a personal injury attorney becomes your legal advocate to pursue financial compensation for you and your loved ones.
Because Pennsylvania is a fault-based state with a comparative negligence rule, someone found responsible for your injuries will be liable to pay you monetary damages, including compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering (when applicable), depending on their proportion of fault.
In a nutshell, a personal injury attorney in Pittsburgh will help you with the following:
- Investigate your claim and plan a path moving forward
- Gather evidence to help establish or confirm fault
- Negotiate with insurance companies for a maximum settlement
- Send demand letters to seek compensation
- Prepare for court and represent you at trial if the insurance company refuses to settle fairly
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
When people hear “personal injury,” they often think of car accidents and slip and fall cases. The scope of personal injury, however, is much broader. It can encompass any action that causes someone to be injured, whether it’s due to their careless, negligent, or wrongful act, or an omission to act when they had a legal duty.
At J.P. Ward & Associates, we have a successful track record in the following types of personal injury claims:
- Car, motorcycle, and trucking accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractices
- Premises liability cases (including slip and fall injuries)
- Defective products
- Workers’ compensation
In addition to figting for the rights of Pennsylvanians after an injury, our attorneys also help people who are being sued by debt collectors.
Benefits of Hiring a Debt Defense Attorney
We all know that debt collectors can be tenacious, but did you also know that 90% of the time, a debt collector will lose their case in court? This is because debt collectors have the burden of producing a vast amount of evidence to win their case, and most don’t have the documentation to win in a courtroom appearance.
Pennsylvanians choose our debt defense attorneys for the following benefits:
- You can avoid appearing in court
- Attorneys can have the legal knowledge to fight debt collectors on an even playing field
- There is a high chance of winning when the debt collector fails to produce evidence
- You can potentially put a lot of money back in your pocket
- You get peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced attorney on your side
Pittsburgh Employment Lawyer
As a Pittsburgh employee, you have certain rights that protect you against employer discrimination and unfair treatment. If your employer has violated these rights, you need a qualified, dedicated employment attorney in Pittsburgh to guide you through the next steps.
Our attorneys at J.P. Ward & Associates are committed to protecting your rights. We can guide you through any relevant legal issues and help you seek a fair outcome from your employer.
If you have experienced unfair or illegal treatment from a boss in Pittsburgh, PA, call 833-GOT-FIRED for assistance.
What Issues Can a Pittsburgh Employment Lawyer Help You With?
Experiencing fair treatment and a safe workplace should be your bare minimum expectation as a Pittsburgh employee. Too often, employers fail to meet these requirements.
Our employment attorney in Pittsburgh can provide legal guidance if you’ve experienced any of the following situations:
- Wrongful termination: Termination for an unlawful reason
- Employer discrimination: Unfair treatment due to race, sex, disability, or other factors outside your control
- Failure to pay: Loss of overtime or wrongful payment from an employer
- Employer retaliation: Unfair treatment because you reported your employer
- Sexual harassment: Harassment in the workplace that your employer refuses to address
For professional legal guidance and compassionate support, contact J.P. Ward & Associates today. Speak with an employment lawyer in Pittsburgh by calling 833-GOT-FIRED.
Contact an Experienced Debt Defense or Personal Injury Lawyer in Pittsburgh
As a local law firm with a client-focused approach, we are aggressive advocates who will fight for your rights. Contact the attorneys at J.P. Ward & Associates to schedule a free consultation.