MEET Sammy Sugiura
Sammy Sugiura is a trial lawyer who has won approximately 90% of the 100+ cases he has taken to verdict. With his extensive experience and success in the court room, Sammy has developed an expertise in the fields of labor and employment law and commercial litigation. Sammy’s experience includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts, throughout the administrative agency process (EEOC, PHRC, NLRB, OSHA), during arbitration, in trial, and through appeals.
Sammy has counseled clients and litigated matters throughout the country, including California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and West Virginia.
Prior to joining J.P. Ward & Associates, LLC, Sammy was a part of the largest law firms in the region and has been responsible for managing and litigating those firms’ highest-profile cases, which includes numerous class and collective action lawsuits with clients located throughout the country.
- BA American History – University of Pittsburgh
- Juris Doctorate – Duquesne University School of Law
Attorney Focus Areas
- Personal Injury
- DWI/DUI Defense
- Consumer Debt Defense
- Civil Litigation
Leadership, Membership & Honors
- Champion and received the highest individual award as First Place Advocate for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, by The Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, 2014.
- Member of the Duquesne National Trial Team.
- Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition Participant.
- Gourley Cup, 2013 and 2014
- Shalom Moot Court Award, 2014
- Invited to write on to the Duquesne Law Review in 2012, an honor reserved for only the top %15 of the class.
- Awards for Outstanding Brief and Oral Argument, Duquesne Legal Research and Writing Center, 201